Monday, October 5, 2009

The Importance of Stationery

Everyone needs stationery. The warmth of a hand written note cannot be matched by email. And even though modern etiquette dictates a thank you email can be appropriate, I always appreciate it so much more when such a sentiment is written on stationery and received via the mailbox outside my home.

Getting an actual piece of mail is rare these days. Most of us are flooded with catalogs, bills and solicitous fliers. Somehow receiving a note on personalized stationery from a friend or family member conveys a type of care and thoughtfulness that is hard to find anywhere else.

I, too, am guilty of often taking the easy way out, which seems especially wrong since I design and sell personalized stationery. So, I must remind myself that it it these small gestures that have the power to create happy moments in other's lives - and, really, isn't that motivation enough?


So before you make a quick call, send a text or an email. Think about delivering your message in a different way. Think about sitting down, leaning in and hand writing a note on stationery. I think you'll feel that you've conveyed your message more effectively and that your recipient will feel just a little more special.


Pictured are a few of the designs that I offer for sale on my etsy shoppe. I think it's time for me to whip up a new batch for myself and buy some pretty stamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment